- Decision Trees
- W. Buntine,
"A Theory of Learning Classification Rules,"
Ph.D. Thesis, University of Technology, Sydney, Australia,
- L. Breiman, J. Friedman, R. Olshen, and C. Stone,
Classification and Regression Trees,
Wadsworth International Group, 1984.
- J. Quinlan,
"Induction of Decision Trees,"
vol. 1, pp. 81-106, 1986.
- J. Quinlan,
C4.5: Programs for Machine Learning,
Morgan Kaufmann Publishers, San Mateo, California, 1993.
- S. Safavin and D. Landgrebe,
"A Survey of Decision Tree Classifier Methodology,"
IEEE Transactions on Systems, Man and Cybernetics,
vol.2, pp. 660-674, May/June 1991.
- L. Hayfil and R. Rivest,
"Constructing Optimal Binary Decision Trees is NP-Complete,"
Information Processing Letters,
vol. 5, pp. 15-17, 1976.
- A. Martelli and U. Montanari,
"Optimizing Decision Trees Through Heuristically Guided Search,"
vol. 21, pp. 1025-1039, 1978.
- Applications of Decision Trees
- N. Kalidindi and J. Picone,
"Scenic Beauty Estimation of Forestry Images,"
USFS Southern ExperimenProject Final Report,
December 31, 1997.
- N. Deshmukh, A. Le and J. Picone,
"Advances in Automatic Generation of Multiple Pronunciations
for Proper Nouns,"
Texas Instruments Incorporated,
October 22, 1997.
- G. Dattatreya and L. Kanal,
"Decision Trees in Pattern Recognition,"
In Kanal and Rosenfeld, Editors,
Progress in Pattern Recognition, vol. 2,
pp. 189-239, Elsevier Science, 1985.
- A. Buzo, A. Gray Jr., R. Gray, and J. Markel.
"Speech Coding Based Upon Vector Quantization,"
IEEE Transactions on Acoustics, Speech and Signal
Processing, vol. 28, pp. 562-574, October, 1980.
- E. Hunt and C. Hovland,
"Programming a Model of Human Concept
Formation," In Feigenbaum and Feldman, Editors,
Computers and Thought, McGraw-Hill, pp. 310-325, 1963.
- Linear Discriminant Analysis
- S. Balakrishnama, A. Ganapathiraju,
"Linear Discriminant Analysis - A Brief Tutorial,"
Institute for Signal and Information Processing,
March 2, 1998.
- Information Theory Approach to Decision Trees
- P. Chou, "Applications of Information Theory to Pattern
Recognition and the Design of Decision Trees and Trellis,"
Ph.D. Thesis, Stanford University, 1988.
- S. Ganapathy and V. Rajamaran,
"Information Theory Applied to the Conversion of Decision
Tables to Computer Programs," CACM, vol. 16,
pp. 532-539, 1973.