A GENERAL DESIGN METHODOLOGY
- Problem: recognize that a problem exists, and develop
a concise statement of the problem.
- Objectives: study the parameters of the problem, and convert them
into engineering language you are familiar with.
- Literature Survey: assimilate existing knowledge about the
problem, and search for similar data (related experiments,
- Analysis: analyze the problem based on the knowledge gained from
the literature survey, produce a set of design constraints,
and generate test specifications to verify these design constraints.
- Synthesis: manipulate the analysis to yield a family of solutions
(typically through simulation and prototyping).
- Evaluation: choose the best solution and verify it meets the
- Presentation: communicate the solution to your peers/management.